Wednesday, April 24, 2013

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

I have just started a Kickstarter campain to fund my movie, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, a true story of what happpened to me and my band in the Sping of 1969.

We had been together for years, even though I was a student at Taft, and the rest of the band enrolled at Reseda. We were considered the house band at Reseda, playing at about half of the dances there. In fact, Spring 1970, we were schedualed to play at Reseda's Prom, which got cancelled due to lack of interest.

That performance was going to be 1 year after I was paralyzed in a car crash when a drunk driver ran a stop sign at Woodlake offramp, while I was minding my own business driving on Ventura heading back to my parents house in Calabasas. I was coming home from a practice, we were preparing to play Gazzarries July 8, 1969, two weeks after I graduated from Taft High.

On the night of June 30, 1969, one week after graduating, the accident occured, I was admitted to West Hills Hospital the morning of July 1. When I woke up from the 10 day coma, my band had already played at Gazzarries.

This movie, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, starts in May, 1969 as we decided to, then learned, and played In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida at Reseda Spring Talent Show. I know there are a few of you out there who witness this unique event, and I'd like to interview you for possible use in the movie. What made it memorable was we were given 5 minutes to play, but played the entire 19 minute version, playing 10 minutes into next class. It was a real Glee moment, yet it really happened.

I learned to walk again, and 8 months later, we had a recording contract with Epic Records.
The rest, as they say, is history.


My next book, BOOK OF RACHEL will still be available next month.

See baymenofbelize.com  for other movie specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment